Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 56: Colic, Anyone?











So last night I got to spend a few hours with my sceaming daughter. I did everything you're supposed to and not one thing would calm her down. I even put her in the carseat and took her on a drive. It was a good 30 minute drive too and she was still awake by the time I got home. So it was a very, very long night for me last night.

This morning, my wonderful husband let me sleep in until 10:00. He even did dishes. Of course once my day starts I pretty much feel like I get nothing done because of Annaleigh. She just doesn't seem content unless I'm holding her. I can't do that though because then my Elizabeth gets left out. So she's been having a few small periods of crying without me picking her up. She has to or I'd never be able to do anything.

Elizabeth is learning new words all the time. She is so loud!! It's all good though. I don't mind her being loud and having fun. I knew a little girl who wouldn't play and it bugged the heck out of me. I enjoy watching kids play and have fun. It's important for them to.

Annaleigh is now starting to make some noises. A couple times some coos and sometimes some interesting gasps of surprise. She enjoyed her bath tonight and I rubbed in baby lotion into her little body. She loved it. She was so much more relaxed tonight than yesterday. I'm going to start getting into a routine of giving both girls a bath before bedtime. Maybe it'll make it easier for them to fall asleep.

As for me, I'm addicted to a new game. It's called Evony and you basically build an empire. Luckily the further up your stuff is in levels, the longer it takes to build it. So I have plenty of time away from the computer. Especially when my fortification walls take 6 hours to create!

No comments:

Post a Comment